Staging the front porch of a home is very important since it is the first impression a buyer will get. The exterior of your home should be clean and present to a buyer that this is a well-kept home. It must capture a buyer’s attention and say, “Welcome! Come get cozy here on the front porch or the back deck.”
- Make your front door and porch look inviting with fresh paint or stain.
- Polish or replace the hardware. It will make all the difference if your front door tells the buyer that you care about the details.
- Plant cheerful potted flowers and plants at the entry and break out a new welcome mat.
- Keep your porch swept and clear of leaves and debris.
- Make sure the exterior light fixture is in good shape.
- Check the doorbell. Replace it if it is worn. It is an inexpensive effort and truly, it matters.
Your backyard should be appealing and inviting for entertaining outside. If you currently have a deck or patio,
- Pressure wash and stain the deck in a clear coat or neutral semi-transparent stain.
- Adding pots of flowers around the deck or patio will give it more appeal.
- Add a table and a few chairs and you’ve made the perfect stage for potential homebuyers to imagine themselves having barbecues on the deck.
Check out a few of our favorite outdoor spaces we’ve recently staged.